Thursday 19 July 2012

Searching for a song

After discussing different genres with my teacher we came to the agreement that the indie genre would be a better genre to use. The indie scene has took of successfully and the music videos are realistic for my budget. We were given advise to use an unsigned artist for the reason that we will not be influenced by already signed bands. This way I feel that I will be able to use my skills to covey a sense of originality and style.

Finding an unsigned band is not such a lengthy process, as there are many sites such as www.unsigned.com and www.soundcloud.com where unsigned artist and bands put their music on in order to get recognition. Also you ca select what genre you are looking for and the country which helps to narrow down the searches.










I wanted a British band as i feel it reflects the indie genre the most and the singer usually as a strong British accent. I narrowed my search down to two bands. One was 'The Diggers', which I found on unsigned.com, have a lead female singer which seems quite unique and this is what i was looking for. However when i played the song the quality wasn't as good and her voice didn't covey the indie genre but was more blues.

The band I settled on was 'Blonde Louis' which is a boy band. At first i was slightly hesitant with choosing a boy band, however their song 'Sleep on the Floor' had a great intro with catchy lyrics. They are just what i was looking for in a song. Moreover i found it easier to come up with ideas which should create and effective music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment