Friday 28 December 2012

Filming Schedule


Filming Schedule  

I plan to film my music video within a week so this gives me time to edit the video. Moreover the week is also the only time all of the band members are available as we are filming during the holidays. I will be updating this post as i film.

20th December- This was my first attempt at filming. The weather has been good as it wasn't too cold outside or too dark. I have filmed the opening scene of my music video plus the introduction and the first verse. I didn't film the rest of the song as i felt the band needed more time to learn the rest of the lyrics. Furthermore, i also filmed some of the narrative. I found it easier to work in chronological order as it means that i wont miss important parts out. I also recorded lots of close up shots of the instruments to add them in as a break from the lip syncing.

23rdDecember- Thankfully the weather remained the same! This means that the second part of my filming will look the same as the first part. I wanted to focus on the lip syncing aspect. Therefore i dedicated a lot of time to the performance element of the music video. I started from the beginning of the song and worked my way till the end. I filmed the whole band sing the song all the way through and filmed this at different angles such as close ups and mid shots. I filmed outside as in the lyrics it says 'its cold outside' i though that filming outside not only links to the lyrics but also gives the video and indie feel as it set out in the open as in indie videos not a lot of budget is spent in location.

28th December- I feel that i have covered all of the shots i want for the performance element for the song so all i needed to film was the rest of the narrative. I planned to film earlier on but i found it difficult to get everyone together at the same time. For the narrative i wanted to get a youthful feel. As the message behind the song is about young love and immaturity i used props such as table football, footballs, trampolines to show the band members having fun. I also filmed the love interest and the lead singer falling out to give show a stereotypical teenage relationship.



No comments:

Post a Comment