Sunday 30 December 2012

Location and Setting

Location and Setting

The location is very important in a music video as i can usually reflect a mood or atmosphere. Although i have chosen to use different settings i kept to a minimum of three as i didn't want to confuse the viewer as too many settings can spoil a music video as it can cause confusion and take over the narrative. 




In my music video I want my band to preform the song outside. I thought that this would be unique as most band performances are on a stage. Although i would be challenging the conventions of a music video i will be following the conventions of the indie genre as it is low budget and also rural which is the trend for british indie boy bands. Moreover in the lyrics the band sing 'its cold outside' which will show the link between lyrics and the visuals, a point which is mentioned by Goodwin.




I also want to film some scenes inside as it would add a contrast between the settings. I think it would be a good idea to have the narrative inside but also the lighting will be different and hopefully create a mellow and calm atmosphere.



I then plan to film some scenes outside with the band playing in a garden or park. This adds an element of youth something which i am aiming to get across to my audience. Also filming in natural daylight will help the footage to be clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment