Sunday 30 December 2012

Props for my music video



Props list for 'Sleep on the Floor' music video

I think that props are very important to establish a genre of a music video. Therefore i wanted to incorporate lots of music instrument props to make it clear to the audience that it is the indie genre.


Guitar 


In the song 'Sleep on the Floor' the majority of the song includes an electric guitar, thus giving the song a cool and youthful vibe. I thought that it was very important to uses the prop of an electrical guitar as it is an important element to the song and most indie bands have included this prop too.


Keyboard


To give my band a professional feel i wanted the props to match with the song. My song includes a keyboard so in order for it to gain a professional feel it was important to add this in. Also i liked the idea that every band member was playing different instruments.


Drums 



I felt like this was the hardest prop to get hold of, but it was my most wanted one. I really wanted to include the drum set as  this was the most frequent prop in the indie music videos i have watched. It also shows the skill of the band member which should influence the audience to by the song. 


Football table 



I wanted to portray a youthful vibe throughout my music video so it can relate to the target audience. I used many props such as a football table and football to show the band members as friends it gives a fun element to the music video also adding to the narrative. 




No comments:

Post a Comment