Monday 18 March 2013

Digipak Idea/Inspiration


Digipak idea

I wanted my digipak to be fun and interesting as often the indie genre is just this thus conforming to the conventions of an indie album cover. I decided to base my digipak on the hit selling books 'Wheres Wally'. The idea came about as the name 'Blonde Louis' focus's on the features. Every time I think of 'Blonde Louis' i think of a young boy in a blonde wig. Moreover the indie fashion involves stripes and the nautical trend, similar to that of Wheres Wally.  I think that is very significant that they named their band 'Blonde Louis' as it shows they think the image is key to the band. Therefore i had to incorporate the name with a intertextual element as the name is so unique but simple as it based on a person and their features. As Blonde Louis is an indie band their style is often quirky and retro referring back to the 90's as this was the influence when they were younger. Wheres Wally is also a quirky book from the 90's which was predominant in many childhoods. I though that incorporating this intertextual link between to different forms of media, into my digipak would create a fun, interesting and quirky style drawing two different audiences together. 

Instead of them dressed up as wally I though to use a blonde wig and guitar instead on the glasses, therefore it still keeps an element of originality. The Blonde wig referees to the name on the band and the guitar will reflect the genre of the band.

I also found inspiration from one of the Beatles album as I like how simple it was I was thinking to incorporate this into my digipak maybe on the cd. The other inspiration came from the Beatles album 'A hard days night' as I though I can incorporate the pop art style into my album cover.






No comments:

Post a Comment