Friday 15 March 2013

Examples of professional digipak's


Professional Digipak's 

When I started to research digipaks, I felt it would be best to use some of my own as inspiration, that way it made me get a better idea of what a digipak feels like. 

1. Led Zeppelin- Mothership

Album cover


I thought that this front cover was very striking due to the bold use of colours. You can tell that the genre is rock because of the lightening bolts at the top of the album. This is one of the conventions of rock music and this symbol is widely recognised.

CD and opened


I liked how the layout was simple on this digipak as many digipak a have unique layouts. Personally, I prefer this layout as it is more pratical. Moreover the CD ties in with the theme of black and red adding continuity.

Insert


The insert is similar to the front cover. This is so the audience is familiar with their style they are trying to achieve. Moreover the symbol of the plane is very iconic for 'Led Zepplin' which adds to those brand image. 


2. The Beatles- A Hard Days Night

Album cover


I think that this album cover is very unique and stands out due to the pop art feel. It has each member of the band on the front which adds to the bands image creating a brand identity. It had conventions of the 60's such as bold images so it follows the rock n roll genre.


Inside
    

I like how this is unique inside. It folds how containing different slots for the insert and CD. The image of the apple is very iconic for the Beatles so it becomes instantly recognisable. Also i am inspired by the used of a mid shot to show the band together which lets the audience became familiar with the band.





No comments:

Post a Comment