Tuesday 2 April 2013

Feedback from final digipak

Feedback from my final digipak

I was really pleased with the overall product and thought that it was important to get feedback to show how I have improved from my initial ideas. 

Firstly the main point of focus was on the use of font. My peers explained that the use of the same font throughouty digipak  created continuity and added a quirky style to the product. Furthermore they thought that it was a effective idea as the font has become part of the bands brand identity. This is used by artists such as 'Blur' and I wanted to incorporate it in to my digipak. 

Secondly, the front cover of the digipak reflects the indie genre due to the lighthearted nature. One of my other ideas was to have the band posing in the garden. However I decided not to do this as it wouldn't reflect the personalitys of the band. This is why my peers commented on the use of the nada repeated images pulling different faces to highlight their youth.

The only criticism of my album cover was that there are not props of instruments, however when I showed them the insert which is the instruments then they agreed that it was a better idea to put the instruments elsewhere as it doesn't take the attention away from the band.

The most commented on element was of the use of the blonde wig. They thought that it was a comical twist on the name 'Blonde Louis' and makes the album stand out because of the irony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment